The Squarespace Finance team is looking for an experienced & entrepreneurial-minded Internal Controls, Analyst to join our growing team! This is an exciting opportunity to help our team build an internal controls environmentfrom designing, remediating, & implementing creative solutions to support Squarespace's high-growth business. You will partner across Accounting, Engineering, Legal, HR & Analyst Leadership to implement an internal controls strategy. We're looking for someone experienced at assessing & improving control environments, who has a background driving outcomes & managing processes with teams & solving complex issues.
You will report to the Internal Controls Lead in New York. At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Assist in designing, executing & maintaining an effective internal control environment over financial reporting
- Ensure risk assessment & control frameworks are in place, & running effectively & efficiently
- Create & maintain internal control narratives, flowcharts & risk matrices
- Support the Internal Controls Management in Identifying key business & technology risks & mitigation strategies
- Track remediation to completion & provide recommendations for control improvements
- Perform control testing to address audit assertions
- 3+ years of experience in internal controls, internal and/or external audit
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- [Nice-to-have] CIA, CISA or CPA
- [Nice-to-have] Audit experience with subscription based companies or clients
- Working knowledge of the COSO 2013 & COBIT frameworks
- Proven ability to execute controls & audit strategies to drive results
- Excellent project, organizational & time management skills
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.