Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Small Group Sales Consultant to join our Small Group Sales team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a Small Group Sales Consultant you will take prospective businesses through our full inside sales process. As a key part of our Small Group Sales Team, youll be tasked with a range of responsibilities, all with the goal of educating & inspiring businesses to cover their employees with our small group coverage.
You will initially report into the Associate Operations Manager.
- Manage your direct sales pipeline from initial outreach to closing to case installation
- Conduct inbound & outbound phone & email sales discussions with prospective clients in multiple markets
- Use Salesforce to report on conversion rates across the pipeline, looking for opportunities to improve & grow our business
- Document feedback, objections, & trends & work with other teams to share this information (e.g. Regional Sales, Marketing, Provider Contracting)
- Work with the team to iterate & refine the direct sales process, email communications, & marketing messaging
- Obtain resident/non-resident broker license (Oscar provides training & pays for licensing & exam)
- Meet required sales goals & additional goals
- 2+ years of consultative sales experience with the ability to build relationships, persuade, influence decision-making & propel new business sales
- You can comprehend, analyze & explain complex products & competitive information while personalizing for each prospective clients needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills including exceptional verbal & written communication
- Healthcare sales experience & insurance broker license are a plus
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment where you are responsible for helping to build the tools & processes you need to do your job well
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Salesforce experience a plus
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.