Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Finance Analyst - Continental Europe Finance, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This role will be responsible for all Expense reporting & associated analytics relating to the Continental Europe (CE) P&L. It will manage the month end process, including processing of all expense journals, updating all expense reports, all headcount analysis and, providing expense driver analysis. The role will also be the liaison point for all cost centre managers within CE & will oversee all expense Budgets & forecasts (including drivers) as well as provide ad hoc support on any MI requests on expenses. The role will also be responsible for consolidating & analysing all vertical functional expenses that feed into the CE fully loaded P&L.
The role will report into the Head of Revenue & Analytics, Continental Europe.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This hands-on role requires attention to detail, close monitoring of expenses & a willingness to build out the reporting infrastructure on Continental Europe's expenses. This will include
- Overall responsibility for expense reporting for Continental Europe P&L (including Balance Sheet as appropriate).
- Managing the quarterly expense forecasts & annual budgets, including all relevant expense drivers (e.g. headcount, professional fees, Marketing, Travel & Expenses etc).
- Supporting the financial control & financial governance activities for the Division (working with the Financial Control Team) - this role needs to provide & demonstrate a tight cost control environment to support the Quarterly SOX sign off by the CE MD.
- Supporting the development of a best in class MI infrastructure on expenses for the CE P&L that helps the management team gain a deep understanding of its cost base. This will include a suite of insightful KPIs that help the business to monitor & drive performance.
- Liasing with Functional Finance Business Partners to obtain analysis & commentary on Vertical costs that relate to the CE P&L
- Managing all MDF & VIK reporting & planning - needs to build out a clear infrastructure for reporting
- Providing guidance on finance policies, practices & processes to the function
- Working with HR to ensure accurate headcount reporting
- Challenging investment decisions to ensure quality decisions are made by management.
- Consolidation & production of all CE expenses for the annual budget & quarterly forecast process for CE, including coordination of the Functional budgets that are included in the cluster P&Ls.
- Reviewing & challenging of all cluster expense budget & forecast submissions to ensure they are fully understood & are of high quality.
- Ensuring all relevant expense targets are embedded into the annual scorecard
- Working with HR to ensure that phasing of recruitment budget/forecast is accurate & timely
- Ensuring Operating Expense requirements are identified, understood & challenged, & making recommendations with respect to performance against targets, budgeting process & financial viability of new functional initiatives
- Ensuring all Discretionary spend requests are clearly identified by activity & by return on Investment
- Integrating & consolidating the results of Cybersource & MS&A into Continental Europe Reporting & Planning
Analysis & Management Information (MI)
- Providing timely/ accurate customised MI (Cluster MI Packs) & Expense Analysis (relating to Continental Europe Sales) for all Management Reporting purposes
- Delivering proactive & insightful analysis of key trends in Expenses to enrich commentary & understanding of the key business & financial Risks & Opportunities
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge & understanding of the division's business drivers & develop a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall business strategy
- Building robust monthly headcount reporting with HR including PN number, Budgeted vacancies, new approvals & leavers. Should include status of recruitment for each open position
- Building robust reporting of Value in Kind (VIK) activity, including breakdown of balance sheet deferrals, status of project delivery & amount of VIK signed in year (as a % of Incentives)
- Developing accurate reporting of Growth Initiatives, ensuring sensible investment asks, headcount requests & credible revenue returns
What we're after
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with mid-level post qualified experience
- Excellent attention to detail & level of accuracy
- High level of analytical skills
- Appetite to build best in class MI infrastructure
- Strong drive for process improvement
- Proven record of analysing business performance, identifying trends & issues & challenges the norm by recommending appropriate actions.
- Team oriented, collaborative, strong inter personal skills
- Experience of Hyperion, Oracle Applications, GBI, COGNOS & an advance user of Microsoft Office programmes (particularly excel)
- Broad understanding of the payment landscape & visa products & solutions
- Report building experience
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Training & Development:
Visa are committed to your professional development & growth. Our Europe Finance (London) has received both trainee & professional accreditation from ACCA & CIMA.
These accreditations recognise Visa Europe's high standards of staff training & development. As such we want to ensure our new hires are aware of the opportunities to them, as well as the on-going support they will receive.
Trainees & Professional Qualified Individuals can take advantage of the following to support their career development:
- Wide range of learning opportunities offered by Visa to employees
- Supported learning through ACCA & CIMA
- Simplified CPD & performance objective sign off
- Dedicated assistance when needed from the Professional bodies
- Discounted prices on a range of qualifications & support
Diversity & Inclusion:
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.