At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Ride is at the core of Lyfts service. We are looking for an Engineering Director to lead the teams building the Ride Experience. The Ride Experience organization is responsible for the end-to-end flow from request to drop-off. The teams are based in New York & San Francisco, with the role based in New York.
Ride Experience is part of the larger Rider organization that is focusing on the ride, the rider, & the mobile apps that make it possible for us to talk to our customers. The ride experience directly aligns with our mission to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation.
The Director of Ride Experience Engineering will report to Lyft's Director of Rider Engineering & will work with groups of experienced engineers, engineering managers, & cross-functional counterparts. Our engineers are solving the most challenging problems in the industry at scale. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, & honest feedback.
- You will lead teams of engineering managers & IC engineers; support their career growth
- You will continue scaling the Ride Experience engineering team by hiring world class people
- You will set the long-term vision for our Rider Experience frameworks
- You will empower the engineering teams to achieve their goals
- You will be the engineering point of contact for multiple diverse partners across the business & help ensure cross-functional alignment
- You will promote healthy culture & best practices in Ride Experience Engineering & Lyft wide
Experience & Skills:
- You have 5+ years of industry experience managing multiple highly technical, customer-oriented engineering teams. Ideal experience is building consumer experiences bridging the physical & digital world
- You have 10+ years of total engineering experience with large-scale consumer software
- You balance long-term vision & goals with diligent measurement & experimentation
- You are steadfastly focused on customers & your teams
- You work well in a distributed environment
- You have a positive attitude & willingness to be hands-on & dig deep to achieve goals
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.