Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial & real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence & delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies & academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk & optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers & partners worldwide & empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win & are fully committed to selecting leaders & employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif & Glen de Vries, & have global operations in US, Europe & Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Revenue Accountant plays a critical role in positioning Medidata as a leader of best-in-class accounting practices & processes. The Revenue Accountant manages multiple revenue functions as well as provides meaningful insight into accounting treatment for complex contracts. This position requires a person with impeccable attention to detail who is comfortable managing a variety of functions while providing a high level of value to our partners across the business
- Analyze customer contracts to identify complex provisions & advise on appropriate treatment under ASC 606
- Partner with the Commercial Accounting & Sales functions to optimize contract structure under ASC 606
- Manage monthly & quarterly revenue close process including monitoring, review, & analysis of revenue activity
- Reconcile & review Deferred Revenue & prepare required adjusting entries
- Manage accounting related to incremental costs of obtaining contracts, including variable sales compensation
- Perform technical accounting research & prepare documentation around complex revenue recognition accounting issues
- Assist in compliance & maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Review & support all revenue recognition disclosures in all SEC filings.
- Ensure compliance with key controls & accurate GAAP reporting & fulfill internal & external reporting requirements, including the external audit
- Strong technical accounting skills & exposure to revenue recognition rules under U.S. GAAP (mastery of revenue recognition not required)
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong analytical skills, & ability to multi-task on a variety of complex projects
- Experience in researching accounting literature to resolve complex U.S. GAAP technical issues, with the ability to communicate findings & conclusions to financial & non-financial personnel
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years public accounting audit experience (or 2-4 years of a mix of public & private experience) with a focus on revenue recognition
- Experience at a global SaaS company preferred or enterprise software company with many multiple element arrangements preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug & medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs & medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology & Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications & intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality & efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state & local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.