Data is a big deal at Index Exchange. Our advertising exchange generates multiple terabytes of auction-related information each day & our Data Engineering team builds tools & infrastructure to help manage this vast amount of data. Working within our larger R&D team, our Data Engineers use a specialized suite of tech & hardware to pipe, parse & maintain our data, including the oversight of a multi-petabyte cluster. Were looking for Engineers to join our team & help build the next generation of big data solutions at Index Exchange.
Working on the bleeding edge of exciting technology, youre afforded the opportunity to experiment with new tools & attempt radically different approaches than traditional software engineering affords. Every day with the Data team is different & each project presents its own set of new & exciting challenges. Things shift very quickly in our industry & we rely on the Data team to keep us ahead of the curve & moving in the right direction.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
Heres what we want:
- Problem Solver: You are curious & loves exploring multiple approaches to find the most efficient, scalable solution & solve a problem
- Collaborative: You work well with other people
- Passionate: A passion for Big Data & an interest in the latest trends & developments constantly researching new tools & data technologies
- Self-starter: You are comfortable helping your team get things done
Heres what youll be doing:
- Design, implement, & maintain data pipelines for extraction, transformation, & loading of data from a wide variety of data sources to various data services
- Identify, design, & implement system performance improvements
- Identify, design, & implement internal process improvements
- Automate manual processes & optimize data delivery
You may or may not tick off every box, & thats ok. Each person brings a different background & different skills. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for tell us why, & tell us what you are doing to improve yourself & well see what we can do to help!
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL systems
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or other equivalent technologies
- Proficiency in some of the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, Bash
- Experience with automated testing systems
- Mentorship, collaboration, & communication skills
- Knowledge of data modelling, data warehousing, ETL processes, & business intelligence reporting tools
- Experience working with CI/CD, containerization, & virtualization tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker
Why youll love working here:
- A bright & inviting shared office space in Downtown Kitchener-Waterloo easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, & respect
- We don't have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings
- 100% coverage for health & dental benefits, 12 incidental sick days per year, 5% RRSP matching, & monthly gym subsidy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.