Poppin is searching for a Director of Development for its new high growth product category - Poppinpod - an all inclusive approach to privacy, sound mitigation & sub-enclosure within the office. Drawing on a long experience managing the development of architectural interior products, the right candidate will be responsible for overseeing the specification, fabrication, & testing protocols associated with all products in the line, to continuously improve their cost, schedule, performance & aesthetics. The position will report to Poppins VP of Design & work cross-departmentally with our merchants, logistics & overseas offices & suppliers.
- Follow Poppinpods product development process consistently across all items.
- Ensure all product designs receive complete technical specification including. CAD data / Sample feedback / QC review.
- Manage the communication & delivery of technical specifications to our overseas development teams & vendors.
- Confirm all products are manufacturable in a cost efficient & feasible manner.
- Investigate, source, & distribute all relevant protocols for an evolving category.
- Ensure all products meet design requirements as stated under the corresponding BIFMA, Prop 65, Carb, Combustion, Seismic, Building Code, and/or otherwise prescribed testing protocols.
- Ensure all proper documentation throughout the product development cycle.
- Implement consistent methods of communication to keep each department informed of all product development & requirements.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree required in the areas of architecture, interior architecture, mechanical or civil engineering with a focus on product development preferred.
- 6+ years experience in the architectural interior products industry
- Experience managing direct reports
- Demonstrated facility with top tier CAD platform (Solidworks a plus)
- Documented knowledge of product & building codes compliances & tests
- Broad knowledge of mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems & their installation
- Broad knowledge of building materials properties & functional characteristics
- Demonstrated success managing the production lifecycle
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Ability to travel internationally up to 4 times a year
- Ability to correspond after hours with our overseas team
We believe that outfitting your office should be easythat's why weve reimagined the way people shop for their workspace. By eliminating middlemen, weve created a complete collection of commercial-grade office furniture & supplies while lowering prices & reducing delivery times. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, businesses rely on Poppin for complete workspace solutions to help build their brand & culture.
Recognized by Crains as one of NYs fastest-growing businesses, we have furniture showrooms in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington D.C. & will have two more locations by the end of 2019. Our award-winning products are used in over 20,000 offices & sold in 3,000 retail locations nationwide.
Work happy isn't just our tagline, it's our ethos. We offer our team a mix of traditional & unconventional perks, & pride ourselves on providing top-notch benefits.