Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays & Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Team
Harrys is seeking a strategic copywriter to develop content for the direct-to-consumer (DTC) team, focusing on the digital experience from ad to site. Our mission is to build personalized experiences that make our customers lives easier. We hone-in on customer needs, ideate the best product & design solutions to serve them, & build user-centric experiences. We launch, measure & iterate on solutions & never settle until we find the right products for our customers. We are a team that partners cross-functionally to deliver high-performing customer experiences & are always looking to improve.
About the Role
This person will write copy for all elements of the digital experience: theyll be responsible for crafting messaging & on paid advertisements working alongside a graphic designer, theyll lead messaging & storytelling on landing pages, & oversee all copy through to a customers purchase.
With a focus on driving direct response on performance channels, this person will come up with creative ways to communicate Harrys key value propositions with a goal towards getting a customer to trial. They will partner with the Growth team to run A/B tests on copy, landing pages, & various creative executions, & work with graphic designers & video editors across a variety of marketing channels (Paid Social, Search, Radio, Podcasts, Spotify, Print, etc). Theyll get rapid feedback based on core metrics as to what messaging angles perform best, & will be able to iterate & build on what works while also testing new concepts.
They enjoy managing the quality of all copy deliverables to ensure they meet Harrys high creative standards, & have an ability to give & take creative feedback & constructive criticism. They are naturally curious & passionate about the brand & storytelling journey & desire to work within a cross-functional team to deliver an amazing product.
What you will accomplish:
- Develop advertising copy for all digital marketing channels including Paid Social, Display banners, Affiliates partnerships (including influencer marketing), & Search, as well as Offline channels, from Radio script writing, to podcast talking points, through to print assets (direct mail, flyer inserts, postcards, etc).
- Landing Pages: Lead copywriter for landing page development process, includes: concepting & creating content that ties directly to digital & print advertisements, so that customers who visit Harrys.com have a seamless experience & are enticed to move through to purchase (and repurchase)
- Email Marketing: Develop copy for lifecycle emails. This includes transactional emails, win-back campaigns, product replenishment, & promotional banners.
- SEO & Web Product: Collaborate with product designers to write user interface copy through the Harrys brand voice to create an intuitive user experience.
This should describe you:
- Experience writing copy in a performance marketing or DTC-environment
- Impeccable & multifaceted copywriting, copy editing & proofreading skills
- Experience or interest in working with a high volume of creative velocity, & leveraging data & insights to drive projects.
- Intellectual curiosity a big part of this role will be to constantly sit with & work with channel managers to understand whats working, whats not, & what can be improved, & ideating & prioritizing ideas from there.
- Preferred: Some experience with working in a performance focused environment (ideally direct response channels & A/B tests), & excited at the prospect of being in weekly performance marketing meetings, reviewing KPIs
- Deep understanding of advertising with a strategic approach to the creative process
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, internal workflow, deadlines & stakeholder expectations
- Empathy for the customer & their interaction with the brand
- You are a learner, who is always seeking to improve yourself & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Sense of humor--we take our work seriously & not ourselves
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Head of Growth, & working closely with Growth Managers as well as Growth Creative pod members, mainly a graphic designer & video editor
- The Direct-to-Consumer (DTC)
- Brand Creative Team
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.