Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate for Corporate Development to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
As a Corporate Development Associate, you will help Oscar navigate our growth plans & build our strategy across all markets & products. You will work with finance team colleagues & teams across the organization including actuarial, data, expansion, legal, marketing, network, operations, product & sales.This is an exciting role for someone who wants to have an impact & guide major decisions around capital financing, competitive & market positioning, expansion, profitability & our overall strategic direction. Oscar is growing & so will you.
You will report into the Senior Director of Strategic Finance & Corporate Development.
- Guide long-term business & capital planning to help make strategic decisions around future growth plans & opportunities.
- Develop our investment strategy & capital structure solutions including equity, debt, & reinsurance.
- Assess growth programs, including new markets, products, revenue models, partnerships, distribution channels, & scaling our operations.
- Identify & analyze competitive landscape including potential acquisitions & partnership opportunities.
- BA/BS degree
- 3+years in an analytical role
- Experience forming data-driven, concrete answers in a world with imperfect information
- An interest in healthcare & new ideas within the space
- Experience in private equity, public investing, strategy consulting, investment banking, equity research or corporate development
- Healthcare experience & market knowledge,
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.