Lead User Researcher
Join us to build a new platform to transform the future of work, from the ground up. We are looking for a Lead/Senior User Researcher to be one of the founding members of the Digital Adoption Solutions team at Pendo, which will be building a new platform to shape how companies onboard, support, & engage their employees in the digital workplace.
As a Lead UX Researcher you will be responsible for identifying & leading research activities that provide actionable insights & ultimately build empathy around user needs. This person must have experience with both generative & evaluative research, leveraging a variety of different quantitative & qualitative methods.
You will lead research activities across the entire Pendo ecosystem, regularly sharing insights & recommendations with stakeholders. You will partner closely with both product & design to test concepts & understand use cases, pain points, & unmet needs. Your work will inform product decisions & design iterations. Ability to work independently in a fast-moving organization is a must.
Key criteria for this role
- Empathetic with a genuinely collaborative attitude. You love working closely with cross-functional teamsProduct Designers, Product Managers, Data Science & Engineeringto identify & prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience selecting & applying a variety of research methods to explore a problem space and/or evaluate hypotheses.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Excited about building a user research team within a rapidly growing organization!
- Strong advocate for the user & for research-led product development.
- 5+ years of user research experience in a b2b organization.
- Self-starter who can make effective decisions with little direction.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to design & execute rigorous research studies.
- Consistently deliver complex user research projects & assignments on time & to the highest quality.
Broad experience with research methods. You have a robust research toolkit & know when to use which method & how to combine methods for maximum value.
- Experience managing a complex workload & prioritizing in accordance with business needs.
- Ability to identify important research objectives, plan & execute research activities.
- Experience analyzing & synthesizing quantitative & qualitative data, communicating research insights & recommendations, & identifying areas for further exploration.
- Desire to strengthen the chemistry, diversity, & inclusiveness of our team.
- Motivated by working in a fast-pace, rapidly growing organization. Collaborate with stakeholders to improve processes & take ownership of initiatives that help us conduct research more effectively & efficiently to ultimately make better product & design decisions.
Pink, Perks, & Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads & hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand & attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital & Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse & exciting set of technologies & clients & have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, & fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees & their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental & vision coverage for all employees & their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches & fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies & balanced snacks
- Frequent company & team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
Best private cloud companies to work for, we're #1
What makes Pendo culture special
We are an equal opportunity employer & believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.