WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Analytics Engineer to join our rapidly growing Data & Analytics team! You will be partnering with Analysts, Engineers, Data Scientists & Business Stakeholders to deliver well-defined, transformed, tested, & code-reviewed data sets to the organization. Plus, youll get to hang out with dogs - if this sounds like you, reach out!
- Apply engineering best practices to design, build, & maintain critical pipelines to ensure operational reliability & modularity
- Build upon our common data framework so that all data is accessible to analysts & data scientists throughout the company.
- Collaborate cross functionally with business users to gain an expert level understanding of business context.
- Translate business requirements into performant data models, data visualizations, & ensure highly accurate & automated business reporting.
- Maintain transparent & up-to-date code to ensure business requirements & ETL logic match.
- Make data model & ETL code improvements to improve pipeline efficiency & data quality.
- Triage ad-hoc data issues as they arise while contributing to testing & tooling to improve data quality.
- Implement data validation processes.
- Collaborate with data engineers on infrastructure projects & advocate for (and emphasize) the business value of applications.
- Maintain deliverables, projects & timelines for business stakeholders.
- 4+ years of experience in analytics engineering, data engineering, business intelligence or technical data analytics role.
- 4+ years in writing complex queries in SQL to unify data across multiple sources
- Experience with the command line & git required
- Advanced expertise in SQL (Redshift & PostgreSQL) & ETL optimization techniques within cloud based data warehouses.
- Solid understanding of data warehouses & business intelligence tools such as Periscope, Domo, Looker as well as data pipeline management technologies with dependency checking (we use Airflow), schema design, & dimensional data modeling.
- Experience at a B2C businesses or subscription based company.
- Experience with Airflow is a major plus.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient in using Python to manipulate data
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical or complex matters to less technical stakeholders.
- Ability to leverage tools, business intuition, & attention to detail for data validation & QA.
- Passionate for building the best version of whatever youre working on.
- An understanding of the difference between SQL that works & performant SQL.
- Must love dogs (non-negotiable - you think were kidding? Nope).
This position is a full-time position. BARK currently has offices in NYC & Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.