BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
We are looking to hire a Finance Manager with excellent organizational & analytical skills. Finance Managers are expected to be detail-oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills, & an investigative nature.
To ensure success, Finance Managers should have a deep commercial awareness, strong numeracy skills, & a keen interest in the growth, efficiency, & profitability of an organization. Top candidates will have outstanding communication & report writing skills with superb technical ability & fantastic negotiation skills.
- Complete financial reports, lead the month-end closing process & conduct monthly financial forecast
- Plan, organize, & execute financial tasks & projects of the organization
- Cooperate with Director of Finance to develop & implement plans for budgeting, forecasting, & reporting
- Cooperate with Director of Finance to provide regular periodic financial reporting to Board of Directors & shareholders
- Build & maintain internal control processes
- Manage & monitor metrics, KPI tracking, & reports
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws & guidelines
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, & recommend solutions to any problem area
- Self-motivated, good team player & being flexible
- Report to Director of Finance
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a finance manager at MNC preferred
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals & financial analysis
- Familiar with J-GAAP
- People-oriented & results-driven professional
- Self-starter who can adapt quickly & manage multiple projects in a constantly changing environment
- Media / Entertainment or online marketing industry experience is a plus
- Excellent communication & interpersonal abilities
- An analytical mind with good organizational skills
- Good leadership skills
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office & other financial planning software
- Language skill : Japanese (Native), English (Business Level)
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program specifically tailored to local markets, including PTO, sick leave, family leave, & much more
- An office stocked with plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.