Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
As the Head of HR, Fulfillment & Customer Service, you will oversee all people-related matters in our Fulfillment & Customer Service functions. This includes our Secaucus, NJ & Arlington, TX facilities & our CX team, which is currently remote.
You will play a critical role in ensuring the organization drives a tightly aligned, integrated, high performance culture. You will help develop, lead & communicate the Rent the Runway culture & operating style, & will play an integral role in building the organizations capabilities & a positive employee experience. To be successful in this position, you will feel comfortable alternating between high-level strategy, & day to day tactical advice to line managers & senior leaders across key functional areas.
As a key leader within the company you will be immersed in the business groups you support, & be a critical link between the business groups & the wider People team. You will lead a team of HRBPs & Generalists based in our different sites, & collaborate closely with your HR colleagues & COEs in our Corporate team to ensure consistency & alignment. You will be a member of RTRs Senior Leadership Team.
You will be based in RTRs Secaucus, NJ facility & will be expected to have a regular presence in RTRs Texas facility (travel on a monthly basis) with frequent visits to our Brooklyn, NY office when we reopen. In light of COVID-19, travel will be subject to safety considerations & company policies.
What Youll Do:
- Own, run & optimize all HR systems & processes in our Fulfillment & CX functions- including but not limited to, compensation & promotion process, performance management, OKR setting/tracking, learning & development, diversity & inclusion, employee relations, & benefits in close partnership with our corporate team
- Continue to enhance the employee experience by developing data-driven, innovative programs that support overall organizational effectiveness
- Partner with Talent Acquisition & provide support in to identifying, attracting & retaining the best talent in the market
- Oversee complex employee relations issues with professionalism & integrity, in close partnership with the legal & business teams
- Work to continuously enhance the culture
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks & ensuring regulatory compliance; partner closely with the legal & finance teams
- Managing teams based in NJ, Texas, & remote locations.
- BA/BS degree & 15+ years of management experience working in HR, preferably in large operations / fulfillment / logistics / supply chain environments
- Experience supporting hundreds of employees most of whom are non-exempt
- Experience managing dispersed teams across physical & remote locations
- Proven track record of successfully launching effective HR policies & procedures & building high performing cultures
- Deep knowledge of federal, state & local employment laws; experience with implementing changes to policies & programs as laws have evolved & creating consistency in the face of varying regulations
- Demonstrate sound judgement, & ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent at communication & building relationships
- High integrity & a passion to continually enhance workplace culture
- Strong analytical skills, plus the ability to use Excel & Powerpoint as business tools
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment & effectively handle competing priorities
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.