* This is a full-time summer internship in New York City. Latch is unable to provide summer housing or a relocation stipend for summer interns. Additionally, interns must be able to commit to working full-time over the summer, 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring an Electrical Engineering Intern for our Hardware Team to help the team design, prototype, develop, & integrate cutting-edge electronics for the next generation of access control hardware. As our Electrical Engineering Intern, youll collaborate with Mechanical, Hardware Reliability, Manufacturing, & Firmware, to drive projects from concept to completion, with a focus on prototype design, bring-up, debugging, & characterization.
The engineering team works in a fast-paced & highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, youll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully-integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Design & development of prototype circuits for future products
- Work on schematic design & PCB layouts
- Rapidly prototype test platforms & electronics modifications
- Conduct failure analysis of components, circuits, & systems, & conduct general bug tracking
- Automate fixture design & development
- Utilize models & simulation
- Technical documentation of performance metrics, & track engineering requirements & specifications
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university (preference for those graduating Winter 2020 or Spring 2021)
- Proficient in electronics CAD software (Altium, Eagle, Orcad, or KiCad)
- Experience with soldering & cable construction
- Experience with oscilloscopes, multimeters, and/or power supplies
- Passion for creating prototypes
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, & share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents & property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards & Penn Station in New York City. Interns will have the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, & fast-paced office environment. Come grow with us.