What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team & Role
We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join BlockFi's Finance team as a Director of Procurement. In this role, you will be accountable for setting up a robust Supplier Relationship Management framework focusing on procurement activities to align vendors & contractors with strategic imperatives while respecting compliance frameworks & policies. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's vendors, products, & business lines.
- Responsible for procurement, analysis, negotiation & control of vendors, custodians, contractors, & services of outsourcing spend in accordance with company targets & guidelines
- Design a framework for qualitative vendor selection tailored to specific disparate vendor types (e.g. IT, marketing, professional services, etc.)
- Develop a framework for the planning, coordination, execution & monitoring of operational tasks of the procurement function
- Support third-party risk excellence via agreements, process improvements, & best practices. Negotiate service level agreements & other terms & conditions in contracts
- Lead teams of key cross-functional stakeholders through strategic sourcing processes to develop superior relationships with a wide range of Software & IT suppliers
- Establish & train on procurement processes & policies in accordance to best practices
- Leverage Third-Party Risk Management, Security, & Risk teams to drive measurable improvements & increase competitive advantage
- Economics or engineering academic background, MBA preferred
- 8+ years experience in a procurement position & at least 5 years in a senior position, ideally in a banking or capital markets institution
- Confident leader with the ability to lead a team & influence across functional groups
- Superior communications skills with the ability to interact, converse & share ideas effectively with employees at all levels of business, from associates to C-suite executives
- Balanced ability to work in both transformational & BAU modes
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, & decision-making skills
- CPM or CPSM certification preferred
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!