AdhereTech is a digital health company (powered by software & data) located in downtown New York City - & we are changing how patients take & manage their most crucial medications. AdhereTech is able to partner with the worlds largest healthcare companies to improve care for tens of thousands of patients, every day.
Within the past year-plus, data has been published by three of the largest healthcare companies in the US, proving that AdhereTech benefits all patients, especially those with serious diseases like cancer, auto-immune disorders, rare diseases, & more: www.AdhereTech.com/Evidence
About the role:
AdhereTech is looking for a strategic & experienced Account Director to own & grow our accounts with Fortune 500 pharmaceutical & pharmacy customers. This diverse role will report directly to AdhereTech's VP, Strategy & Client Relations, & collaborate closely with the entire Business team as well as cross-functionally with both the Data & Support/Operations teams.
You will own key customer accounts, & play a lead role in business development related to your accounts. This includes: working with colleagues to identify potential opportunities & participating & where appropriate, supporting proposal development & pitches, & providing your subject matter expertise in patient insights, program design, content generation, digital engagement, & program measurement.
As with any growth-stage firm, the role will expand & evolve over time. Additionally, most of AdhereTech's product & strategy decisions are made as a team, & this role will have a real influence on the direction of the company. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced account manager & industry expert to grow an already successful digital health business model, working with us to build out additional strategic capabilities.
- Manage key multi-million dollar customer accounts, mainly Pharmaceutical Manufacturer customers including tracking of key performance indicators by account & addressing bottlenecks to growth for each.
- Provide subject matter expertise around patient insights, program design, content, & digital execution for reactive & proactive business development activities.
- Fully integrate into business development process for digital adherence services for Fortune 500 partners, including: prospecting plans, owning strategic dialogue, supporting RFP responses, leading client meetings, & developing pitches as appropriate to provide optimal patient & program design insights & support.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sales team & Operations team to ensure successful program execution & partnership with customers.
- Navigate complex customer dynamics, gather key themes, learn & iterate on successful strategies for managing.
- Build greater depth & breadth of positive long-term relationships at key accounts, with an emphasis on partnerships that drive network effects (e.g. Trade teams) and/or important decisions for the customer (e.g. Finance & Data teams).
- Assist with budget forecasts, contracts, & strategic messaging about the value of the AdhereTech program.
- Generate improved processes either internal (e.g. account management tool) or external (e.g. better contract structure) that drives efficiencies for the team.
- Lead the management & growth of AdhereTechs largest pharmaceutical & pharmacy accounts.
- Support & execute on deliverables or account management requests for customers.
- Recurring touchbase conversations, reporting, & in-person meetings with customers.
- Co-own & plan communication strategies to customers.
- Co-own budget & program growth forecast models & associated contracts.
- Convey the value proposition of the program to healthcare customers, in a clear & appropriate manner.
- Understand all aspects of AdhereTechs product that are relevant to key accounts, to a degree that you can effectively explain it to users of any age, demographic, & level of tech-savviness.
- Contribute to strategic growth initiatives for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, & associated entities (e.g. 3rd party patient service hubs).
- Gather customer pain-points & bottlenecks, then play an important role in developing solutions.
- Execute on research projects to collect useful information about potential opportunities.
- Provide account leadership to oversee strategic & operational fulfillment of relevant deliverables for initial won projects, leveraging team resources including insights generation, journey mapping, digital deployment, & content generation.
- Provide thoughtful & actionable feedback to all areas of the company.
- Previous account management or client-facing roles within healthcare (pharmaceutical, pharmacy, and/or medical device industry experience is preferred)
- 7+ years of industry experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree.
- Strong client handling & business development skills & acumen.
- Deep experience of being liaison with senior-level stakeholders to identify needs & develop strategies to address.
- Ability to independently design content & execution.
- Demonstrable leadership & influencing skills of peers, business partners, clients, & associates.
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, logistics, & computer skills.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to develop & articulate recommendations & solutions based on this analysis.
- Attention to detail & ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently & as a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment maintaining flexibility & changing priorities to meet demanding timelines.
- Strong passion for leveraging healthcare technologies to improve patient care.
- Enthusiastic, analytical, positive, hard-working, creative, friendly, team-player, & open-minded.
- Experience with being client facing & owning relationships for Fortune 500 accounts.
- Strong presentation & communication skills.
- Experienced in Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience and/or interest in early-stage and/or growth-stage firms.
- Ability to both work well on a team & to self-manage in an evolving role.
- Must be able to work with the full AdhereTech team at our company offices in Manhattan (not counting business-related travel).
Why You Should Join Us
- Sunny new office located in downtown Manhattan with gorgeous views of the Hudson River & Statue of Liberty
- Competitive base salary, commission plan, & participation in the company equity plan
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits for you & your family
- Access to pre-tax commuter benefits
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fully stocked office snacks
- Fun & exciting team events
- Dog friendly Fridays
Want to learn more about AdhereTech?
Check us out here!