Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Legal Intern will provide project-based support for the Legal team in Planets Corporate Headquarters in San Francisco. The Legal Intern will work side-by-side with the Legal team to increase efficiency across different projects & tasks. This role will be focused on supporting the Legal & Regulatory teams on various projects.
Impact Youll Own:
- Work in concert with Legal & Regulatory team members on special projects
- Conduct research & analyze data on assigned projects
- Provide reports as needed for the Legal Team
- Assist with updating, improving & maintaining procedures, processes, forms & legal policy documents
- Assist with re-designing, updating & maintaining information posted on the Companys Legal Intranet site
- Confirm contract files for completeness (interacting across various systems, including SalesForce)
- Assist with setting up a site in SharePoint for regulatory information
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Work on strategic projects (e.g. amendments, contract reviews, process workflows)
- General contract review & analysis
What You Bring:
- Actively pursuing a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Highly organized & detail-oriented; ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Solid communication skills, both written & verbal
- Team player
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Demonstrated capability to understand complex issues & to provide timely & practical advice, which addresses both the legal concerns & the overall business benefits & risks
- Ability to maintain a graceful & helpful customer service attitude, particularly in high-pressure & time-crunched circumstances, where last-minute circumstances may shift project priorities
- Established efficiency by use of meticulous organizational skills, including the ability to manage a variety of projects & ongoing negotiations at once
- Capable independent worker, quick learner, & self-starter, who is driven & creative, yet who is a team player who brings a positive & supportive mentality to Planet
- Good sense of humor, outgoing, drama-free, inquisitive about new ideas, & desires to get things done.
Perks & Total Rewards While Fellowing or Interning at Planet:
- Office & WiFi Reimbursements
- Flex Fridays (once a month)
- Volunteering Benefits
- Commuter Benefits if you are near HQ
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.