Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
Are you passionate about building long-term relationships with clients, obsessed with delivering best-in-class client services, & willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done? If that sounds like you, join us! Codecademy is looking to hire our very first Account Manager for our Codecademy for Business product line.
Codecademy for Business is a fast-growing business-to-business product that has over 500 paying customers including companies like Spotify, Lyft, & IBM. As an Account Manager youll join a fast-paced team that is rethinking how organizations provide employees the tools & content they need to reach their highest potential.
Codecademy for Business Account Managers are expected to grow relationships with our largest customers, work with the sales team to identify client opportunities, ensure new users get the most out of the products & services theyve purchased, & upsell existing clients to our full suite of products. This is an entirely new position that will define what client services & account management means to Codecademy for Business clients.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build relationships with clients driving renewals, retention & upsells
- Work with sales to identify potential high growth opportunities
- Cross-sell clients full suite of b2b product & services
- Help build process & best practices around Codecademy for Business client services & account management
- Manage relationships with existing Tier-1 clients
- Onboard clients to our platform
- Build an automated engagement process for Tier-2 clients
- Support growth of product by understanding user needs & deficiencies in current product
- Troubleshoot client needs & ad hoc issues
- Ensure product engagement & satisfaction
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 4-5 years of account management experience
- You need to be self-motivated, able to work independently, & comfortable building something from scratch.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- An innovative mindset--constantly looking for ways to improve processes.
- Loves working with people & clients
- Ability to build things that scale
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Previous experience with CRMs like Hubspot or SalesForce.
- Previous experience working in ed-tech, or in a b2b sales role.
- Enjoys talking, selling & pitching a product to clients.
- Has experience in outbound sales.
- Has worked on sales campaigns.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation & gender expression, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.