The sales manager will build out & manage a sales team of go-getters who will work hard to show companies the benefit of shipping their goods with an NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier). The role requires a background in the freight/logistics industry & a passion for excellent client service. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader who believes in inspiring their team by providing them the tools to succeed.
- Build & manage the local sales team.
- Provide leadership, manage & expand the company's customer base.
- Develop & implement strategic sales & business plans.
- Negotiate rates & build relationships with customer base.
- Constant business development while achieving monthly & yearly team targets
- Consistent weekly off-site client appointments.
- Account maintenance & communication with overseas offices to ensure international & customer requirements are met.
- Team player with a positive attitude, individual initiative & good communication skills is a must.
- Assure team's compliance with OEC Group's given procedures & processes.
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in sales/business development with at least 1-3 years in a sales leadership or senior sales role
- Ocean Freight, Logistics, or Transportation industry experience required (at least 5 years)
- Experience in business development at an enterprise level is a must
- Strong sales & client relations ability
- Bachelors degree required
To save time applying, OEC Group does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in Los Angeles & branches throughout Asia, North America, & Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market.
Perks & Benefits Of OEC Group
After successfully completing & passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Full Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision) Paid for by the company
- Life & Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation / Personal Days
- After probation period: 401K Retirement Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing & looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, & team building activities!
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.