Cohesity is the leader of hyperconverged secondary storage disrupting a $60B per-year market delivering web-scale simplicity for all secondary data from data centers to the Cloud.
Cohesity consolidates ALL secondary data & associated management functions on ONE intelligent solution - including backups, files, objects, test/dev copies, & analytics - built on true scale-out distributed systems architecture. One beautiful infrastructure with one beautiful UI running all apps in data center or in the cloud
Headquartered in San Jose, CA & founded by Mohit Aron is one of the most exciting & fastest growing startups achieving unicorn status in less than 5 years.
Product: Cohesity Data Platform
Blog: Life at Cohesity
Video: Why Cohesity by Mohit Aron
Article: Mass data fragmentation requires storage rethink
Article: Is Cohesity Disruptive as the SmartPhone?
Article: Cohesity Hits $299M Annual Sales Pace
Cohesity is hiring Software Engineering interns to develop and/or test software features of our award winning hyper-converged storage platform.
Engineering internships at Cohesity are 10-12 weeks & based in San Jose, CA. You will work with other Cohesians that will mentor & teach you. During your internship, you will be expected to work on product features & solve real problems.
WIIFM (What's in it for me?)
- As a Software Engineering Intern, you will be exposed to cutting edge technologies in distributed systems & hyper-converged systems space.
- You will learn & work alongside world class Engineering team members who bring previous experience in building web-scale distributed systems
- You will work alongside Mohit Aron (previous Founder of Nutanix & the creator of the very first hyper-converged scale-out system)
- You will gain experience & skills that are transferable & valuable in your next career.
- Be part of our culture & mission in transforming Secondary Storage category.
- Add value to your resume with one of the hottest startups in silicon valley backed by top prestigious investors in the industry. Voted as Forbes top 40 hottest startups & Bay Area Top Employer (2 years in a row)
- Currently pursuing BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related engineering field at accredited university
- Experience or Interest working on distributed systems
- Strong programming skills in any: C, C++, or Go & OOP
- Competent in Data Structure, Algorithms & Systems Design
- Experience working with some of the following: Unix/Linux environments, distributed or parallel systems, machine learning, asynchronous programming, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Enjoy solving difficult problems & possess critical thinking abilities.
- Coachable, Motivated, Humble
- Able to show & demonstrate his/her own projects & achievements
- Willing to take on difficult problems, , positive attitude, have fun, & make an impact!