This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We put our merchants at the center of everything we do, & we never stop until the job is done. Were creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We dont do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. Not possible is not in our vocabulary freedom is. This is who we are: honest, direct & always bringing an element of fun into our work. If youre ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Adyen is looking for a Risk Officer for our San Francisco office. This is a customer-facing role & the main focus will be protecting & educating our merchants & internal stakeholders regarding fraud & chargebacks. This role will be responsible for reporting to the Card Schemes & for acting as Adyens subject matter expert on disputing chargebacks & mitigating fraud.
What youll do
- Monitor fraud & chargeback levels for the North America portfolio & provide proactive notifications to wider Risk Team, merchants, & partners
- Understand Card Scheme rules/regulations & internal procedures that affect risk, fraud & dispute processing
- Communicate guidance related to risk & chargebacks to merchants & internal teams
- Support merchants leveraging our RevenueProtect solution to maintain low frauds levels
- Generate reports & insights regarding chargebacks & fraud
- Analyze payment data to discover anomalies & trends for fraud & chargeback prevention
- Work with the product & development teams in order to generate platform enhancements that can assist in fraud prevention & mitigation.
- This role is based out of our San Francisco office
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
- You have full professional proficiency (written & verbal) in English
Who you are
- 5 years experience working in payments risk or chargeback role
- You have a solid knowledge of fraud, chargeback & scheme rules & are able to provide detailed requirements to internal & external customers
- Ability to effectively communicate the importance of the revenue-loss mitigation paradigm
- You have a high level of self-motivation, always looking for ways to improve & make our processes more efficient
- You have strong analytic skills & advanced Excel experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bonus points if you have experience creating impactful dashboards using BI tools (such as Looker)
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile & in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, & consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies & many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, & Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We cant wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records