iCapital is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $134 billion in global client assets invested in 1,065 funds, as of June 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; & a two-time winner of MMI/Barrons Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapitals rapid expansion into the European marketplace creates an opportunity for an experienced & talented international tax professional to support its international expansion strategy. This is a newly created role within the Fund Finance Tax Services group to support expansion opportunities outside the U.S. This position is a tax compliance role that will service hedge & private equity fund of fund & access fund vehicles (the funds) in conjunction with third-party administrators & tax preparers to ensure timely tax reporting & communication, as well as drive continuous improvement throughout the processes. These will primarily be funds created to invest into or alongside specified 3rd-party alternative asset managers, so called feeder or conduit funds.
- Work with International Product Development colleagues to identify tax-related reporting needs & compliance challenges associated with structures in certain markets (predominantly, but not solely, in Europe) & build processes to address them.
- Manage external tax advisors where applicable.
- Follow relevant tax-related regulatory changes & develop plans to address.
- Assist in various fund launch activities & ad hoc requests.
- Monitor various internal & external calendars for different stakeholders such as investor relations, sales teams, & client relationship managers as well as adhere to client service expectations.
- Manage the collection & dissemination of tax information from underlying funds.
- Coordinate with third-party tax preparers & administrators in the review of the fund investment & preparation of tax information in various jurisdictions.
- Manage US FATCA & the Common Reporting Standard process Cayman, Canada, Luxembourg.
- Monitor & perform to service level expectations & escalate to managers to keep processes on time.
- Bachelors degree and/or masters degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably with a background in cross-border tax compliance for alternative investment funds & private wealth investors
- Working knowledge of Pan-European tax regulatory regimes & requirements including but not limited to Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Netherlands
- Familiarity with Asian & Canadian tax requirements a plus
- Fluency in English required - other European languages a plus strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & comfortable learning new systems & technology
- Comfortable analyzing large volumes of data
- Proven ability to multi-task & work both independently & as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Willingness to learn new topics & work in an evolving business environment
- Organized, self-motivated, & detail-oriented with capability to see the big picture
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; unlimited paid time off (PTO) & parental leave.
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days & remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: htps://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.