Teampay is an entirely new way to manage spend, giving you proactive controls & real-time visibility - without slowing down your employees. With Teampay's distributed spend management platform, you can manage all types of purchasing, made by anyone, from end-to-end. Employees love the effortless experience, & Finance teams can breathe easy knowing that all spending is pre-coded & pre-approved.
About the role
As an early Senior Backend Engineer at Teampay, you will be responsible for the development of the APIs, integrations & other technologies that power the company. You'll be a part of a small team of passionate engineers working in a Python/Django/React stack to make purchasing better for everyone.
Common candidate qualifications include:
- 3+ years work on backend software development
- Comfort & experience with building & working with APIs
- A passion for engineering best practices such as code quality, linting, & testing
- Solid understanding of relational databases & transactions
- The desire to work & thrive in a collaborative, small team environment
- Experience with Python/Django/Postgres
Even though you may not fit the requirements perfectly, if you are interested we would encourage you to contact us.
You would be an early hire at a fast-growing early-stage company. As a core member of the engineering team, you will have a strong impact on the future of Teampay. This is an unusual opportunity to join a business with traction at the ground floor.
Apply at Teampay if...
You're a builder. You're passionate about crafting things that matter. You're curious & agile in thought & action. You value authenticity & possess a strong work ethic. You're empathetic & look forward to learning from people unlike yourself. You want to make an impact with a strong team. You look for challenges that force you to grow. You rarely miss a detail & always learn from your mistakes. You have diverse interests outside of work, but are ready to pitch in & be responsive when the pressure is on.
If you decide to work at Teampay, youll get benefits & perks like these:
- Healthcare premiums 100% covered for employees & 50% covered for dependents.
- One Medical membership for all employees.
- FSA or HSA programs available.
- Pet Insurance for employees pets.
- Citibike membership for all employees.
- 401k Program with employer match on contributions.
- Annual Training & Development budget for all employees.
- Access to an office space in lower Manhattan.
- One-time stipend for remote work setup.
- Fun & educational events for all employees, offered both virtually & in-person.
You can learn more about our product features here, & see our company values here.
If youd like to apply, please include a cover note & tell us about something you started, whether it's a club, a team, business or blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.