At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible & efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems.
Integral to our team, the Post-acute Coordinator will be accountable for tracking patients throughout the post-acute network (i.e. skilled nursing facilities & home health agencies) & developing & maintaining relationship with these agencies. You will identify trends at facility or the post-acute level that are preventing patients from receiving high quality care, gap closure or appropriate length of stay/recertification rates. As a new member of our team, youll work closely with the market leadership to develop process & procedures as it relates to post-acute clinical work.
What are some unique responsibilities that youll have at VillageMD?
- Youll be responsible for communicating the expected length of stay to the skilled nursing facilities for specific patients
- You will work closely with facility staff to coordinate & care plan patient needs appropriately
- Creatively reach out to & engage patients to ensure that youre touching base with them on a regular basis
- Coordinate patient care from the post-acute facility to the patients home or next level of care
- Coordinate patient care needs with our practice partners & other VillageMD staff
- Identify trends & improvement opportunities in management of patients across various post-acute partners
What will make you successful here?
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous & dynamic environment
- A service orientation & a can do attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own & take initiative
- A low ego & humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication & doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Meet regularly with post-acute partner organizations to review patients status receiving their care & ensure timely safe discharge/recertification
- Monitor facility quality performance & identify opportunity trends
- Educate providers/practices on preferred post-acute partners
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3+ years of direct, clinical nursing, social work, or physical therapy experience & skilled nursing facility or home health agency experience preferred
- Utilization management experience
- Care navigation experience in a setting that requires assessment, critical thinking, & application
- Willingness to be a self-starter; ability to drive projects & initiatives through to completion
- Comfort with technology including Microsoft suite of products
- Utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining & reporting Comfort with technology including Microsoft suite of products
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.