<intent> isnt your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique & possesses a distinct set of skills, personality & passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas & co-create one of the most human & inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators who value & reward shared success over individual heroics.
At <intent>, we have developed a data science solution that is unique, proven & patented. Over the next several years, we will continue expanding our business beyond the Travel industry to companies that care about maximizing their ecommerce potential. This new role requires a person who is an experienced leader in Business Development or Sales.
The ideal candidate is an experienced SAAS seller with expertise in SEM, digital marketing & an overall strong track record in successfully selling ecommerce related solutions. We are looking for an experienced Director, Business Development focused on closing strategic partnerships with ecommerce companies.
We are looking at candidates with deep retail experience in North America. As a Sales Director, you are fiercely motivated & laser focused on the most strategic & high impact partnerships. The expectation is to operate independently, collaborate with your sales leader for strategic direction & to drive immediate revenue.
What You Will Do:
- Strict focus on ecommerce categories & work closely with cross functional teams to understand client adoption & market potential
- Drive the business development process, including identifying & assessing initial opportunities, collaborating with internal stakeholders on pitch materials, structuring deal terms & negotiating & closing partnerships with high impact ecommerce clients
- Ultimately, deliver against our revenue growth targets
- Crisply communicate the differentiated strategic value of our products to executive-level leaders
- Be the eyes & ears of the company in-market to help us to continually improve our strategies & stay abreast of competitors & business opportunities
- Collaborate with partners & internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for product innovations
- Work with internal teams to ensure successful implementation & expansion of your signed partnerships
- Develop & maintain strong, multi-dimensional relationships with key stakeholders at current & potential partners as well as across the industry
- 5-10 years of experience in sales, business development or strategic partnerships ideally within e-commerce, SEM, digital marketing or data-driven solutions. Selling to retail companies is a huge plus
- Ability to operate within a start-up, dynamic environment & be a self-starter who can build a successful business & sales plans
- Experience selling to C-level stakeholders & complex businesses, preferably global enterprise accounts within a start up company
- A proven track record of structuring, negotiating & closing complex deal negotiations with multi-million dollar brands
- Stellar executive level written & oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence others points of view
- Hungry, driven & an out-of-the box thinker, with an eye for strategic growth
- Exceptional business judgment
- Love building lasting relationships with brands & partners
- Broad network of relevant ecommerce industry contacts preferred
- Knowledge of SAAS models & online performance media landscape preferred
- Based in NYC & willing to travel ~50% of the time
<intent> is the data science company for the worlds leading online commerce & travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time & identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intents real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility & ROI.
Our team is over 100 people & our offices span globally. Were headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, & Sao Paulo.
Every day, were inspired by two pursuits. First, were building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, were building the company weve always wanted to work for one thats open, human & collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas & get things done. Were included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list & have been on Crains 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, & we let them know they're valued. Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We dont take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, & so our flat structure & open communication invite innovation from all levels ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, & great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks & snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget & Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals & discounts on hundreds of products & services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, & more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!