At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
The IT Program Manager is responsible for the success of our IT Applications and Infrastructure Projects. He/She will manage large, complex, & enterprise-wide technical & business-oriented projects & programs for the IT organization. The Program Manager will plan, work with team members to execute, & ensure the projects are completed on time & within budget. The PM will work within the scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of the project, the Program Manager tracks project status & manages project teams to mitigate issues & risks.
What you'll do
- Establish client relationships, integrate requirement definition, plan projects, & direct resources ensuring corporate, IT & enterprise project portfolio objectives are met
- Lead the evaluations of business & technical requirements; & development of functional & technical designs
- Gather & document requirements for business or IT initiatives & projects
- Develop cost/benefit analyses, project budgetary information including ROI, & capital appropriate information
- Develops & manages program operating costs, requests budget allocation & reallocations, ensures program is within budget
- Prepare detailed project plans/schedules to meet project goals
- Assemble & manage the project team to ensure deliverables remain on schedule, within scope, & within budget
- Provide insight & recommendations during project execution to remediate issues & align projects according to original estimates
- Prepare & maintain all project documentation throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage project scope by enforcing change control procedures
- Manage project issues & risks
- Conduct project kick-off & team meetings
- Establish & measure project performance metrics
- Prepare project status reports & present project performance updates to senior management
- Lead & review post-implementation project reviews for owned projects as well as those of other team members to close projects & address post-project issues, concerns, & improvement areas
- Perform & lead assessments of vendor bids, statements of work, & estimates of labor
- Mentor teams on best practices, process improvement & project management skills
- Facilitate the change management process for IT
- Provide oversight for all IT projects
Examples of desired skills, experience & qualifications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with ability to communicate to various levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to easily adapt to a fast-paced & rapidly changing environment
- Experience making presentations to stakeholders & business associates
- Experience with IT procurement & vendor relationship management preferred
- Knowledge of PMIs project management methodology & best practices
- Experience in SDLC & Agile methodologies
- Bachelors degree in computer related field or equivalent experience
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certified or equivalent experience
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Experience with Facilities move/expansion projects
- Technical background/experience in any of the following areas:
- System Administration
- Directory Services, End-Point Management, JAMF, SCCM
- Network Engineering
- Cloud Services (Azure, Google)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.