SoundCloud is the world's leading audio platform, allowing everyone to share & discover unique content anywhere, anytime, on the web & on mobile. SoundCloud is looking for a Community Manager to join the team. This role is based in our New York office & will report to the SVP, Subscriptions & Marketing.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be responsible for engaging with consumers on SoundClouds owned social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, & Tumblr
- Proactively engage consumers across non-owned social platforms to insert the brand in relevant conversations to drive brand favorability.
- Regularly share insights with key stakeholders across the business to inform strategic optimizations
- Play an active role in listening to & monitoring social conversations across our channels & within the social space to garner insights that will help optimize social marketing strategies.
- Act as a resource for social media insights & share across the organization
- Partner with internal social media/press/community operations teams to assist with resolving customer inquiries & identifying potential issues that require escalation & involvement by cross-functional stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience as a community manager for a music, entertainment or lifestyle brand/personality
- Highly enthusiastic about all things social media & constantly on the lookout for opportunities to leverage whats new & trending on social platforms
- A genuine passion for music & a creative spirit
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Resourceful & able to work independently, but also a strong collaborator & team player
- Experience finding, targeting, & mobilizing online tastemakers & influencers
- Knowledge of basic digital production including audio, photo & video editing programs including Adobe Photoshop a plus
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.