We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Quality & Operations Manager to join our Product Development & Sourcing team.
The Quality & Operations manager is responsible for supporting a wide variety of quality assurance & continuous improvement related activities & tasks. This person will be relied upon to exercise independent judgement based on gained knowledge, skills & experience.
You will report to Sr. Manager of Quality Assurance based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Coordinates material, packaging & product testing according to standardized procedures as required to support product development & production.
- Creates test framework & methodologies in supporting ongoing personalization services & new technologies of personalization.
- Works closely with Operation & Product Development in supporting inbound/outbound inspection program, return/refurbishment process, repair program & new product personalization qualification.
- Monitors consumer complaint metrics & investigates customer quality issues & complaints, communicates directly with external & internal partners for solution.
- Writes QC testing reports, test method & SOPs.
- Applies statistical techniques to procure components samples & experiment design for product evaluation and/or troubleshooting.
- Supports multiple aspects of compliance for the Quality System such as product safety, sustainability of product & packaging, social responsibility and/or as required.
Who you are:
- Education: Bachelors degree of engineering or scientific discipline with minimal 3 - 5 years of experience.
- Dependable, detail oriented, organized & efficient, precise.
- Knowledge of warehouse of fulfillment operations.
- Ability to follow written & verbal instructions with repeatable & accurate results.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Strong analytical skills & ability to perform statistical analysis
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures, stress, & changing demands of the job on a regular basis.
- Able to travel domestically and/or internationally if required
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.