As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
At Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) we are currently looking for a Masters intern to support the team on strategic consulting engagements in our office located in Miami, FL to support the Latin-American region.The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous business experience.
VCA is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk & fraud consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry.
Typical projects may include:
- How does a financial institution increase market share in consumer credit cards?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a financial institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a financial institution or merchant optimize their product offering?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements, including participating in interviews, analyzing client's data, summarizing key findings, & providing recommendations
- Conduct industry research & identify internal & external data resources to create custom analytics
- Complete detailed analysis on client data & identify preliminary trends & insights in the data
- Develop financial models as well as client-specific presentations, which address executive needs. Also, deliver presentations to clients & internal Visa partners
- Identify potential services as outsourcing of our customer's internal business processes.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Pursuing a Masters, graduating December 2020 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- 4+ years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent client-facing communication, story-telling & presentation skills with ability to articulate findings in action-driven recommendations
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process & summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Ability to form hypotheses on client issue root causes & validate thinking quickly using data
- Knowledge of financial services, merchants or acquirers ideal. Previous consulting experience a plus
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels & functional experts
- Strong multi-tasking skills & ability to adapt
- Strong intellectual curiosity to understand the root cause of issues & how to drive value for clients
- Proficient & ideally a power-user of spreadsheet, data analytics/visualization packages, & presentation tools
- An interest in payments technology & its future, digital trends & user experience. Financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- Bilingual - Spanish or Portuguese
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers & reach with hands & arms.
- Visa will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.