The Senior Creative Project Manager reports to the Associate Director of Creative Project Management in New York, with a dotted line to the Associate Creative Director of Physical CX. The Physical CX team encompasses packaging, promotional product/merchandise & documentation design. This person is responsible for managing project intake for all things hardware packaging & in-box documentation, as well as managing a Creative Project Manager whose focus is promotional product/merchandise packaging & in-box documentation. High-level responsibilities include detailed project planning, resourcing, forecasting, stakeholder communication, overall project oversight, & day-to-day management of a direct report. A successful Senior Creative Project Manager at Peloton will have a strong sense of & be confident in how PM functions, & also have intimate knowledge of the physical product & package development lifecycle. Ultimately, the Senior Creative Project Manager will be responsible to ensure the best product is delivered in an efficient & timely manner.
- Own project intake & manage creative packaging deliverables through concept, design intent & development, design to cost analysis, pre-production & mass production
- Manage the Hardware Packaging Design team workflow, partnering closely with Package Engineering, Sourcing, Hardware, Operations/Logistics & Marketing
- Work in tandem with Engineering & Operations Program Management to map packaging design deliverables to the Hardware product development process
- Continuously work to optimize & streamline the end-to-end packaging design process with mindfulness to scalability
- Assist the design team in gathering necessary cross-functional assets including product drawings/samples & all packaging artwork content (photography, copy, dielines, SKU/barcode, etc)
- Assist ACD of Physical CX to manage team resourcing & forecast allocation; know what is coming down the pipeline & plan accordingly
- Consistent communication with all team members, from core team to stakeholders, management & beyond. Includes representing the Physical CX team in, & clearly communicating status of projects in cross-functional meetings.
- Ability to push back, even on more senior members of the team, in order to stay on track
- Ensure projects are scoped & defined clearly, with agreed upon timing & budget
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to plan 6, 12 & 18 months out
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, & prioritize each accordingly
- Manage communication with external vendors, both domestic & international
- Manage & mentor direct report, by providing the tools, knowledge & support needed to ensure their individual success, as well as establish a consistent approach to Project Management across the Physical CX function
- Work collaboratively with other Creative PMs to identify & track dependencies
- Celebrate wins & be an evangelist for the creative team
- Foster increased collaboration with key departments
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of 6 Years of Project Management (or similar) experience; some, if not all, supporting a design team
- Experience overseeing the packaging design & development process from concept through execution, including supplier communication & management
- Understanding of structural design, printing, materials & manufacturing processes
- Strong organizational skill-set with ability to multi-task
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal & written
- Experienced leadership skills, having managed a Junior PM prior
- Capacity to look at work in larger view from both a strategic & creative standpoint
- Proactively develop initiatives that will improve the department, the work, & the company as a whole
- Fully autonomous workflow aside from general updates to Associate Director of Creative Operations
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 4 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.