Before new medical treatments can be administered to the public, they must demonstrate safety & efficacy in a clinical trial. These trials protect consumers from ineffective & dangerous products, but the clinical trial process also presents a tremendous bottleneck in delivering life-saving treatments to patients.
A typical trial involves coordinating between numerous parties & data formats to gather, store, analyse, & audit clinical data. Mistakes & delays are common, & fewer than 10% of trials finish on time. At TrialSpark, we are reimagining the clinical trial process from first principles, & building the technology platform for the trial of the future.
So far, weve worked with treatments for Ebola, Depression, & HIV. Our reach is growing rapidly, & building a world class engineering team is core to achieving our mission.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing, securing, deploying, maintaining, & improving software applications for use both by internal TrialSpark employees & for external users. You will work with product managers, designers, & other functions of the business to help set priorities, scope technical work, coordinate changes, clarify & refine requirements, & set appropriate expectations. You are autonomous & self-driven, but can work effectively in a highly collaborative & team setting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, test, & deploy software for TrialSparks proprietary applications.
- Communicate with product management & operational stakeholders to determine requirements.
- Iterate & refine software development processes & best practices for software development, with the aim of producing high-quality & validated software.
- Address any bugs & errors in TrialSpark software applications in a timely way.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an agile software development environment.
- Familiarity with Linux-based operating systems, cloud technologies (AWS, Docker), & PostgreSQL database.
- Experience with debuggers, e.g. browser debuggers, pdb, PyCharm, etc.
- Strong technical understanding of web-based technologies.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey complicated systems to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record of working with product management & shipping features to end users in a team environment.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- If youve worked with React, Python, Redux, Flask, & SQLAlchemy
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.