Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for insightful, technically oriented people who are passionate about driving significant change to the customer experience through personal interactions & product feedback. Someone who has a desire to listen to customers' challenges & provide long-term solutions that enable the full power of our platform.
Supports mission is to provide all customers with a VIP experience. As a Developer Experience Specialist, your role is to engage with our customers to provide effective solutions to solve customer issues that relate to their account, billing, & platform experience. Youll educate customers about our platforms capabilities & features, spearheading their engagement, & offering an exceptional experience throughout their journey from on-boarding to scaling.
We expect that youll have a desire to connect with our customers & exhibit exceptional problem-solving skills. Our Developer Experience Specialists personify DigitalOceans empathy for customers, passion for enhancing their experience & relentless pursuit of simplicity at scale. This requires creative problem-solving & curiosity to tackle customer issues related to user experience & billing with knowledge of cloud services. Some, but not all candidates will have experience in technical areas such as Linux, programming, or web development. All candidates will be assessed against their ability to learn quickly & be a self-starter.
We have a history of promoting employees from within & rewarding high performers with more responsibility, title, & compensation. The Support Teams alumni cohort includes high-level individual contributors, current managers, product managers, & engineers spread throughout our entire company. This is a place to learn, perform well, & be rewarded.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Responding to tickets generated by our customers in a timely manner
- Providing thoughtful, personalized communication to solve our customers issues
- Identifying & owning challenges that multiple customers face; fixing similar issues for all our customers
- Quickly learning DigitalOcean products & adapting to rapid product, process, & policy changes
- Working both collaboratively & independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Creating & updating knowledgebase articles
- Triaging, escalating, prioritizing, & following up with incidents or customer impacting events
- Making informed decisions to solve issues that balance the needs of customer & company
- Sharing best practices & improving your team while seeking the same in return
What Well Expect From You:
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Share knowledge with our team & community
- Passion for driving excellent customer experiences while providing critical account & billing expertise
- Tenacity to overcome obstacles to achieve our goals & initiatives
- Prior experience or knowledge of Escalation & Incident Management procedures
- Rigorous investigative skills & pattern recognition to help solve our customers current & future needs
- Identification with our brand & team culture
- Self-motivated with a great sense of responsibility
- Sound independent decision making
- A keen eye for detail
- The inclination to improve your skill set through training, personal development, & self-learning
- Understanding or knowledge of some cloud technical concepts like operating systems (Linux, Windows, macOS), web servers (Apache, Nginx), web development (HTML, CSS), or networking concepts
- Experience supporting online customers, preferably in a cloud hosting environment
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. Our office space is equipped with all the amenities you might need, including with 24/7 access, high-speed bandwidth, unlimited coffee & plenty of community-focused events to keep you engaged. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!