Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for technical account leadership & management for the Denodo Sales Cycle across multiple strategic accounts, including relationships with technical counterparts within those organizations. The selected candidate will be working closely with experienced Sales, Marketing & Product Management personnel & will be supported by a strong technical team in an ideal, fast paced, rapidly growing startup environment to grow professionally & go beyond expectations.
You will also have the opportunity to deliver demonstrations to customers & provide technical sales support that will win over new prospects. The goal of this team is to ensure a high level of field support so that we can provide the best customer focused sales experience.
You will be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path as part of a global team.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Sales Engineer you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, client communication & coordination skills between clients & internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
- Develops & delivers outstanding presentations & demonstrations that range from standard to custom demonstrations. Effectively communicates with key IT & Business decision makers & influencers.
- Obtain & maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb demo & technical pitch, including an overview of our key & advanced features & benefits, services offerings, differentiation, & competitive positioning.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture & general feature / functionality of our platform
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom demos & proof-of-concept (POC) execution where customers evaluate the Denodo Platform in an on-premise or cloud development environment.
- Provide timely, prioritized & complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding customer requirements & issues.
- Assists Denodo Marketing efforts on implementing product demos to showcase Data Virtualization in enterprise scenarios, cloud deployments & Big Data projects.
- Provide technical support to entire sales team as appropriate (e.g. handle technical questions & escalate them when required, conduct training and/or briefings).
- Assists with customer RFP proposals by researching & providing RFP responses. Requires minimal supervision & may take a lead role on less complex RFP project responses. Supports any required RFP-related customer presentations & demonstrations
- Experience Range: +5years
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor, Master)
- Understanding of Data Integration flavors
- Solid understanding of SQL & a good grasp of relational & analytical database management theory & practice. Good knowledge of software development & architectural patterns.
- Technical skills include Java development, JDBC, XML, Web Service related APIs, experience with version control systems (e.g. SVN, git).
- Basic experience in Big Data, NoSQL, & InMemory environments is welcome.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Personal & Relationship qualities: Professional curiosity & the ability to enable yourself in new technologies & tasks. Active listener. Curiosity & continuous learning. Creativity. Team worker.
- Communications: Good written/verbal communication skills (other international languages is a plus) are essential for interaction with clients, making presentations, attending meetings & writing technical documentation.
- Willingness to travel.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.