BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) at Pure Storage are focused on the engineering effort required to build & run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This team fulfills the business-critical role of ensuring that these systems provide exceptional availability & performance for our external & internal customers. We are looking for people that are passionate about ensuring distributed systems operate reliably at scale in production. Expertise in working with container deployment & orchestration technologies at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing. Knowledge of Kubernetes, Spinnaker, & Docker preferred.
What you will be doing
- Engage in & improve the whole lifecycle of servicesfrom inception & design, through deployment, operation, & refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms & frameworks, capacity planning & launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring & monitoring availability, latency & overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, & evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability & velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response & blameless postmortems
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 3+ years of experience in SRE, DevOps, or Cloud Systems
- Software development experience, preferably Python
- Cloud experience, preferably AWS
- UNIX/Linux performance, tuning, & systems administration
- Ability to troubleshoot throughout the entire stack, including applications, systems, network, & code
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Bash
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills & a sense of ownership & drive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in designing, analyzing & troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to debug & optimize code & automate routine tasks
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.