Squarespace was founded on the idea that great design matters. We enable millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence.
We are looking for an experienced product designer to help mature Squarespaces design system, processes, & programs. You will be challenged to help evolve our system & its adoption across our platform.
The Design Platform team creates & implements the Squarespace design system. Were the connective thread that enables product teams to efficiently design & build a user experience & interface across our platform by providing: components, guidance, support, & tooling.
You'll work with designers, engineers & content strategists on the Design Platform team, & collaborate with the wider Product Design team to refine the Squarespace design language, & evolve the future of our products. Youre familiar & comfortable with the challenges of working with design systems & inspire quality & craft across our platform.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager, Design Platform. We are open to this role being remote.
Youll Get To
- Guide the continued evolution of Squarespaces design language & user experience
- Consistently & proactively advocate for the design system, & understand the cases where it can evolve
- Design & define new interaction patterns through components, documentation, & prototypes
- Work with developers & content strategists to maintain, evolve, & create components & patterns for our library
- Ensure our work scales & flexes across a variety of global audiences, abilities, devices, & platforms
- Participate in driving & defining projects, timelines, & deliverables for the team
- Partner with & support Squarespace product designers to help them optimize their use of the design system
- Be responsible for communicating & reporting insights & developments from the Design Platform team to the Product Design organization.
Who Were Looking for
- You have 2+ years of Product Design experience developing user experiences & interface design
- Youve helped build a design system that serves that lives in code as well as design tools
- You have deep empathy for engineers & understand how products are built
- Youre familiar with writing documentation & educating others
- You are thoughtful about inclusive design & accessibility
- You know when to advocate for using an existing pattern & when to make room for change.
- Youre seen as a peer leader, & people are eager to work with you
- Youre proactive, & constantly seek out opportunities others may not see yet
- Youre comfortable with a wide scope & switching context regularly
- You love simplifying designs, & the way we design.
- Youre a proactive, clear communicator, that can be critical when needed, but kind.
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.