Over seventy-three percent of customers today use digital channels during their purchase journey, with eighty-two percent of customers consulting their smartphone when purchasing within a brick & mortar environment. The Digital Strategist for the Walmart omnichannel retail ecosystem will serve in partnership with the Walmart merchant organization to identify unmet needs, goals, opportunities & challenges. This role will help to lead & evolve ideas to bring together brand goals, Walmart objectives & customer needs into new breakthrough digital execution.
The role will be primarily focused on driving share of market & category growth opportunities in the digital space for advised categories (shave, body care, & hair care), but will input into all business units. The Digital Strategist will act as a forward-thinking expert in the category & competitive digital landscape to identify actionable trends within the category, & the corresponding impact to brick & mortar category considerations. This position is a retail facing role & serves as a strategic interface with our Walmart merchants & associate merchants in conjunction with category managers & shopper insights managers.
About the Team
The Retail Team is a critical function that drives Harry's brand strategy & growth in collaboration with our retail partners. The Retail Team is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, & omnichannel growth & development.
Your core responsibilities
- Lead digital commerce category initiatives with Walmart merchant team through collaboration on key Walmart initiatives & long term strategy.
- Collaborate with Category Advisors across all our businesses to identify & prioritize business opportunities & resulting analyses, with a focus on digital opportunities.
- Use all data resources available to analyze the business & identify key insights & opportunities. Data sources include, but are not limited to: Retail Link, IRI, Nielsen (syndicated, household panel, assortment optimizer, OVT, etc.), & new digital data channels.
- Identify relevant KPIs & competitive marketplace intelligence, & secures necessary data to measure & track accordingly
- Ensure best in class enhanced content, applied virtual shelf insights & omni-channel path to purchase improvements. Works to understand & optimize SEO/SEM, site taxonomy & digital fundamentals like profitability hurdles.
- Work with Brand & Merchant partners to evaluate & recommend optimal product assortment considerations.
- Partner with Shopper Insights Manager (Harrys & agency partner Harvest Group) to develop a digital shopper learning agenda which will act as the foundation for category growth actions taken within the digital space.
Key Skills, Abilities & Experience Required
- Digital & mobile savvy, with strong analytical skills to evaluate ideas, prioritize initiatives, quantify benefits, & evaluate performance.
- Experience in online distribution & asset management.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, ideally with 1-2 years of digital account management experience.
- Thorough understanding of digital touch points.
- Innate sense of curiosity.
- Leadership & influence
- Innovation ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment & initiate new processes/ideas
- Channel/Shopper Insight strong understanding of retailer buying, merchandising & marketing strategies & the ability to translate into actionable plans to grow the business
- Independent/self-learner ability to navigate the organization & customer on their own, not afraid to fail
- Initiative self-starter with strong problem solving skills
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.