Shutterstock is looking for talented software engineers to build our leading-edge payments experience for eCommerce customers. At the heart of the eCommerce business, the work of this position will be highly consequential to Shutterstocks revenue growth. You will be working within a team of highly-motivated peers creating solutions that are high-quality, performant & scalable. The team follows agile methodologies & is collaborative. Shutterstock teams are empowered to own their applications. By joining our team, you will be involved in everything from development of the software itself, to defining the vision for new features, prioritizing new projects & proactively making improvements to existing products.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services & applications under the team's ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, & uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members improve through code reviews, pairing & mentoring
- Improving internal team processes by speaking up to highlight what is working & what is not, & taking action to change things for the better
- Collaborate with Product Managers, the Management team & others to define the vision for Activation features
- Building technology the right way by designing simple, well-tested systems that deliver value immediately, can grow over time, & provide insights into production performance
- Supporting existing production deployments by participating in on-call hours during the workday & occasional after-hours rotations
- Experience with Node.js, working knowledge of the key libraries.
- Very strong knowledge of how the web works & how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture working on distributed/high trafficked systems.
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving)
- Able to write clean, readable, maintainable & well-tested code.
- Familiarity with performance & debugging tools for use in measuring web performance.
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests & automated testing.
- Ability to craft simple & elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Passionate about what you do & care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical & non-technical audiences.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Strong understanding of cross-browser / cross-platform issues
- Experience with single page applications
- Basic knowledge of a server-side scripting language (Perl, Ruby, PHP, C++, etc)
- Experience with Redux/GraphQL/Immutable.JS
- End-to-end testing automation frameworks (Nightwatch, Mocha, Chai, Selenium, Jest, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile environment
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V