As a Barista you will engage with our consignors, customers, & employees by nurturing community in our stores through food, drink & ambiance. You will create a variation of innovative & delicious drinks, serve local pastries & curated meals to enhance the customer's store journey & provide them a space to relax & enjoy our beautiful stores. Our cafes are special to us, as they weave in experiential retail with our sustainability mission for our consignors & customers. Your knowledge of our food & beverage program as well as our TRR products, services & values allow us to engage at a higher level with our community.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Nurture an innovative caf experience by connecting with our consignors & customers whilst delivering our delicious cafe offerings
- Welcome & convert new customers while simultaneously servicing regulars
- Deliver top quality drinks & food offerings according to TRRs food & beverage standards
- Educate customers on all product knowledge including coffee rotations, origins, flavor profiles & attributes,
- Participate in a continuous learning environment
- Meet the needs of customers creatively when faced with unique requests
What You Bring To The Role
- Positive, engaging attitude with consignors, customers & team members
- Demonstrated experience in hospitality
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, cross functional team environment
- 1+ years of restaurant or cafe experience with knowledge, expertise & passion of high quality food & beverage offerings (preferred)
- 1+ years of experience with different brewing methods, experience on a La Marzocco Strada AV, EE or Modbar (preferred)
- Ability to collaborate with team members, & a resourceful, self-starter mentality in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work retail hours, including Saturday & Sunday & holiday periods
- Food Protection Certificate (ServSafe or ANSI)
- Ability to calibrate espresso
- Proficient in steaming milk & latte art
- POS, Table Service & Cash handling experience
- Passionate about the TRR brand & mission
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service & direct shipping for individual consignors & estates. At our stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Newport Beach, Palo Alto & San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, & meet with our experts. At our 13 Luxury Consignment Offices, eight of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 & listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.