Coupang is one of the largest & fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our vision is to create a world in which Customers ask, How did I ever live without Coupang? We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology & operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search & discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the 50 Smartest Companies in the World by MIT Technology Review & 30 Global Game Changers by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, & Silicon Valley
Coupangs Rocket-on-Demand (ROD) team has the mission to offer Coupang customers the best available selection & the lowest possible price & provide Coupang sellers the utmost convenience of selling.
ROD is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join us to fulfill our mission. You will be working in a fast-paced environment along with a team of smart & passionate engineers to design & implement various systems to meet the needs of the ROD business. You will also have direct ownership of new features for improving ROD platform's scalability, reliability, availability, extensibility & performance. We care about both delighting customers & building high-quality software & are looking for someone with proven track record of designing & building large scale distributed systems.
- Building, owning, & maintenance of large-scale distributed systems
- Providing technical direction to junior engineers in the team
- Establishing & executing short & long-term design & architectural roadmaps for the business
- Continuing to innovate on the platform to support rocket-on-demand programs
- Driving continual improvement to the efficiency & flexibility of the business platform while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance & availability.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 6+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, & large distributed systems
- 6+ years of professional coding experience using modern programming language such as Java, Scala, Kotlin, C++, C#, etc.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams & senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs & product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills & make them more effective software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems & all points in between
- Experience working backwards from the customer & delivering innovative, simple solutions
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress & grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, & medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 & over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family & medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.