Connect to top talent. Build teams. Scale growth.
The Role Youll Play:
Would you like to help scale up the team that values hard work, high standards, helpfulness, hunger & humility? We are hiring for a Senior Director of Talent Acquisition to join CB Insights.
The ideal candidate will design & execute a talent acquisition strategy that enables our company to develop a robust pipeline of high-quality talent. We're looking for an individual with deep experience in high growth environments where they have diagnosed what is needed to set teams up to attract more qualified talent. As a strategic thought partner & trusted advisor, you will help colleagues across the business grow & scale their teams. You will report into the SVP, People Strategy.
About the team:
The People department at CB Insights consists of highly dedicated, culture-first team members who embody the scrappiness & entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the systems & and working smarter mindset essential for scale. This team knows that each employee represents an opportunity for CB Insights to create an indelible experience, one that enables their growth & unlocks their potential. This person will manage a team of recruiters/coordinator directly & is a leadership role in the department.
Your Main Tasks:
- Lead & develop the talent acquisition team--serving as a coach & mentor--and oversee the hiring, development, performance, & engagement of your team
- Ensure sourcing channels/partners are optimized to build the pipeline of the talent we need for continued growth & assess effectiveness & ROI of different channels
- Ensure consistency & a standard in excellence in end to end hiring practices organizationally
- Establish a data-centric approach to quickly identify & solve pain points with the candidate funnel or process
- Create & inspire effective development of targeted attraction methods (e.g. conferences, networking opportunities, social media campaigns, etc.) while generating candidate interest.
- Collaborates with the hiring managers during the offer process, identifying & recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, & other pertinent details
- Oversee outsourced recruiting partner contracts, relationships, & hiring timelines to deliver on the market staffing plan
- Partner with FP&A, People team, & hiring managers in headcount planning ensuring we're thoughtfully considering organizational design & the right time horizon of our growing business as we open new roles
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, & local employment laws & regulations, & company policies.
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years progressive Talent Acquisition experience, preferable in tech, high growth, fast paced, scale-up environment
- Minimum 5 years people management experience
- Organized, systems thinker adept at understanding & documenting processes, & not afraid to suggest changes for improvement
- Strong client-service orientation & relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
- Flexibility in juggling priorities of a rapidly growing business, with excellent time management skills & a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to deliver on aggressive hiring timelines to meet the needs of the business.
- Results/action orientation with strong planning & execution skills
- Demonstrated success in managing a high performing & highly engaged team
- Pre-existing, strong & broad external network is a plus
- Exceptional discretion, judgment, & critical thinking.
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, & Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: In office lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!
(FOR REMOTE ROLES ONLY)
All of the work for this position will be performed in the U.S. As such, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity & eligibility to work in the United States & to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.