Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, & technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, & driving meaningful value & better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - & were expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. Weve raised over $250 million from the best internet & healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, wed love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead high performing engineering teams across the Product & Engineering Organization.
- Lead & align engineering team with the Capsules vision
- Collaborate with Product Managers & technical leads to help define the roadmap & support with technical design, work-breakdown, implementation, testing & deployment of features.
- Proactively communicate with leadership, providing context around risks/blockers/timeline, seeking guidance, & recommending a direction.
- As part of the Engineering leadership group, you will also contribute to broader organizational initiatives such as Engineering off-sites, Engineering All-Hands, Engineering Hiring Processes - Interviews, Debriefs, Candidate calls, etc.
- Facilitate technical decision-making across a broad technical stack, having passion for the technical aspects of your work, also letting engineers drive the details
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality & raise the bar on operational excellence
- Typescript, React-Redux, Node.js, Express.js, Swift, Kotilin, Python, Docker, Kubernetees, AWS
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You have 6+ years of experience in software development & delivery .
- You have 2+ years of managing full stack engineering teams, delivering high quality software for customers
- Youre technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture & product decisions.
- You have experience with modern software engineering concepts such as Domain Driven Design, distributed systems, event sourcing & messaging based infrastructure.
- You have experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as Product Managers, Designers & other domain experts
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.