Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands & the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry & getting the future of media right. Vox Medias editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, & Curbed. Our diverse storytelling & advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, & the companys entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network & Epic.
Voxs Emmy-nominated video programming is groundbreaking, visually stunning, editorially rigorous, & one of the purest encapsulations of Voxs explanatory mission. And now were seeking an Editorial Director, Vox Video Longform, a position that will serve a dual & highly integral role within the rapidly expanding Vox Video team, both:
- Editorial oversight for Vox on longform linear development
- Act as primary point of contact for all internal series stakeholders
He or she will report to Voxs Head of Video & be based in the NY office. In this position the will research & develop series & episode pitches within the slate of Vox shows, & provide editorial feedback to show leads.
What you'll do:
- Research & develop stories, both individually & in collaboration with Voxs Head of Video & Senior Producers.
- Ensure that all TV shows and/or films meet Voxs editorial standards.
- Help recruit both rising & top talent for shows.
What you'll bring:
- Ideal candidates will have over 5 years experience in multimedia non-fiction storytelling be it through web video, podcasts, television, or features with at least a year of experience working in TV.
- Demonstrated research, reporting & editing talent.
- Incredibly talented storyteller, with a knack for making complicated ideas make sense.
- Passionate about bringing creators best work through honest & helpful feedback.
- Thrives making order out of chaos, & working in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the current & trending television landscape.
- Self-motivated, with strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Creative, resourceful team player, & the ability to work collaboratively with other company departments.
If this sounds like you, please submit a resume & cover letter that contains three links to videos, series, or other projects you created & would inform your work here.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.