Like most guys, we just wanted getting dressed to be easy. But somewhere along the way things got complicated. Nothing seemed to fit quite right, quality was lacking, & shopping was a painful exercise of trial & error. There were somehow way too many options, or none. And whenever we did find something we liked, we knew it would be a little different the next time we looked. So, we decided to fix that.
We started with underwear & socks, things that could make you more comfortable every single day. Since then, weve gone on to reinvent other essentials that didnt meet our standards for comfort, performance, quality, or design. If you only need one version of it, we make the best possible versionand once we get it right, we dont change a thing.
We are looking for an Associate Planner to join our growing merchandise planning team. Reporting to our VP, Merchandise Planning & Analytics, you will be responsible for planning our core product assortment, replenishing our retail store at Hudson Yards, optimizing inventory, & maintaining numerous trend, hindsight, & data tables. You will work closely with our merchandise team to facilitate product buys & track deliveries & our finance team to manage our working capital & cash cycles.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Inventory Planning Develop sales, gross margin, & inventory plans at the SKU level for our core product assortment; manage monthly OTB updates & help team reforecast based on current business trends & analysis of inventory productivity.
- Retail Planning Responsible for maintaining the inventory replenishment model for our Hudson Yards Store & for placing the necessary orders with our fulfillment center to maintain optimal store inventory levels
- Trend Analysis Prepare weekly trend reports on core products & analyze for impacts to inventory & future buys.
- Hindsight Analysis Recap business by category, style, color & size & create best seller/hindsight reports on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis to measure past performance & to help inform future buys.
- Data Entry & ERP Maintain & update Purchase Order Log, Product Map, & Receipt Flow; assist the team in transitioning to an ERP system in 2H 2019, & help build out the reports & models that will live within it.
- Production & Logistics Partner with our Production team on order timelines & deliveries & track productivity at our Fulfillment Center.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 2+ years of experience in a planning role
- A bachelors degree in a relevant field
- Analytical mindset, data-driven, & detail oriented
- Master of Microsoft Excel & proficient with Microsoft Office & G Suite
- Experience with SQL, Looker, & ERP systems is a plus
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, startup environment with tight deadlines, changing demands, & cross-functional dependencies
- A self-starter with an eagerness to learn
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- We give a shit! - We care. Were slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon & our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You wont find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We wont sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- Its all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours