At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Were looking for a quick study, who will support new & existing product initiatives through implementing system changes on new & existing internal tools to reflect changing product & regulatory standards. You will leverage our regulatory data sharing platform, by automating & streamling manual processes using programming scripts and/or APIs. You will create reports to track metrics in order to give recommendations & actions, & collaborate with Product & Engineering to solve problems with solutions that scale across platforms.
You have a deep sense of empathy for our users (both drivers & riders) & excel in asking probing questions, detecting unstated assumptions, driving consensus, resolving conflicts, & prioritizing competing objectives. You enjoy learning new things & working with many people to achieve success. You consistently own the work, focus on delivering impact, & reimagine whats possible. In short, you make it happen, & you do it with a great sense of humor & an excitement to change the face of ridesharing. Because after all - it matters how you get there.
- Support new & existing product initiatives through implementing changes on new & existing internal tools to reflect changing product, regulatory, & finance standards
- Assist with testing & validation of changes to drive continuous process improvement
- Respond to system configuration flaws/errors & unresolved issues
- Work cross-functionally to identify & define stakeholder needs & translate requirements into a configuration for internal tools & systems
- Automate & streamline manual processes using programming scripts and/or APIs
- Use data & metrics to back up assumptions & drive recommendations & actions
- Communicate results & distill complex concepts effectively to all levels of the organization
- Provide consultation to users regarding best practices regarding internal tool functionality
- 2+ years of experience, preferably with an analytics or internal tooling background
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills with the ability to use data & metrics to back up assumptions & drive recommendations & actions
- Comfortable querying & working with large sets of data through SQL and/or Python
- Proven ability to operate in grey areas; adaptable & agile
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills. Balancing multiple projects, deadlines, & requests should be second nature to you
- Know how to ask the right questions to reduce friction when working with diverse cross-functional teams
- Experience working with Ops, Product, User Experience and/or Engineering Teams
- Previous experience in automating manual processes
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.