We are changing the world! Want to help the largest organizations on the planet achieve unprecedented visibility & control over the most complex environments in the world?
Do you have an uncanny ability to understand customer needs & provide solutions? Do you have excellent technical skills along with the ability to translate those skills to any audience?
At Tanium our Technical Sales Engineering (TSE) team works closely with Sales & Technical Account Management (TAM) teams to engage our customers. We guide & lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle, demo the platform, & provide comprehensive Proof of Value (POV).
You will be engaged in interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, analysis of customers current technology & architecture, operational & business needs; & the development & presentation of Tanium solutions. You will lead deep-dive technical discussions with the customer to position Taniums transformative enterprise operations & security platform to the relevant partners, from C-level to the technology user.
What youll do:
- Work directly with our outstanding sales team from initial discovery to deal close to shorten sales cycles & improve closing rate
- Oversee & participate in initial discovery meetings with customers, providing platform demos & highly technical Proof of Value engagements for both existing customers & new sales opportunities
- Be the direct conduit translating customer challenges into technical solutions, positioning Tanium to solve those challenges
- Function as a technical expert throughout Sales engagements, ensuring that tactical motions in the pre-sales & POV process line up with strategic account goals
- Partner with field engineering teams (TAMs) to ensure maximum technical effectiveness & consistent customer experience throughout the POV process
- Consistently address our customers needs through astute verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with the customer, in addition to relationships with peers & partners
- Participate & speak at regional marketing events & conferences
- Customer-facing Sales & Channel enablement, including training
- Operate as a keystone in the sales model, working with the Sales, Marketing, Product, & TAM organizations to improve effectiveness & efficiency throughout the customer life-cycle
- Travel expected to be 40-60% to engage with customers & prospects in person
We are looking for someone with:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years of operational and/or selling experience in endpoint operations or security
- 4+ years of experience in customer-facing or customer support positions
- Software pre-sales or related value-based influential technical-selling expertise in very large enterprise environments
- Experience presenting at multiple levels, from C-Suite to Solution Users
- Experience taking ownership of complex projects & producing successful outcomes
- Broad knowledge of the IT security, operations, & compliance space & products
- Deep knowledge with hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- IT Operations Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Broad knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission-first attitude
Does this sound like you?
- A Technical Sales Engineer that thrives on complex problems & solving them with technology.
- Are you the go-to Technical Sales Engineer who excels under pressure?
- Are you a technologist, but enjoy working with customers on delivering successful outcomes?