Job Title: Accountant (Business Manager)
Reports To: Market President & Radio Controller
Manages a variety of accounting & general office duties
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for monthly financial close
- Processes & reviews account payables, cash receipts, credit applications, trade, accounts receivable & billing activity
- Maintains general ledger
- Calculates commissions
- Ensures all financial deadlines & due dates are met in a timely manner
- Prepares sales/tax use spreadsheet & filing sales tax forms with the state each month or quarter as needed
- Maintains personnel files, ensuring all files are updated properly
- Approves traffic orders on a daily basis
- Processes daily revenue reports for management
- Responsible for forecasting & budgeting
- Analyzes & organizes office operations & procedures such as, personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, & other clerical services
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications
- Maintains contact with customers & outside vendors
- Audits invoices & researches discrepancies
- Processes employment applications & assists in other employment activities
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance preferred; 1-2 years accounting experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Ability to read, analyze, & interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers & the general public.
Ability to calculate figures & amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions & percentages.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word, Excel & Outlook; Internet, Accounting & Database software. Great Plains experience is preferred but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.