BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Legal is recognized by our industry peers as a center of excellence, winning the following awards (and more yet to be announced!):
- The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Value Champions, 2018
- The Recorder Legal Departments of the Year 2017, Emerging Company Category: Awards for Patent Strategy & Data Security
- The Recorder Legal Departments of the Year 2016, Emerging Company Category: Awards for Patent Strategy & Litigation
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide proactive Legal support within the APJ region (as your primary role) to a fast-growing team that is excited about the future of Pure & counting on you to be a partner & a true accelerator of the business. A track record of success managing multiple matters is important to your success in this role.
- Act as a valued business partner, providing contractual support for the go-to-market teams & other business groups, including Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Success, (Professional Services) , product management, product marketing, cand others to support various strategies.
- Draft, review & negotiate a variety of agreements for enterprise & commercial end users, global systems integrators (GSIs), strategic alliances, & customer success / professional services for Pures hardware, software & subscription services.
- Help to define strategy & operations & go-to-market for new products & innovations, including cloud & hosted services.
- Implement process-related improvements to optimize the way we provide legal services to all internal clients & drive cross-functional alignment. Assist in managing & coordinating the deal lifecycle process, creating the necessary contract templates, playbooks, training & other process improvement tools to enable & empower the business teams.
- Provide proactive Legal services & rapid response to requests for legal service from internal clients. Identify appropriate ways to manage risk. Maintain the very high standards of responsiveness & solutions-orientation established by our team.
What You Bring To The Team
- Qualified attorney in home jurisdiction / in good standing
- 5-12 years PQE, with law firm or in-house experience required.
- Experience negotiating complex strategic partner & enterprise end user agreements / professional services agreements required.
- Working knowledge of key regulatory & legal matters including FCPA, GDPR & Bribery Act.
- Language skills are helpful (Cantonese, Mandarin, Urdu / Hindi, Punjabi)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with hardware, software & SaaS / cloud solutions required.
- Experience creating operational efficiencies for scaling business preferred.
- Have the ability to quickly establish trusted relationships with your internal clients. Must be able to work effectively & collaboratively with a growing legal team & cross-functionally with Puritans at all levels of our organization.
- Ability to listen thoughtfully, evaluate risk in light of business & practical considerations, & make clear recommendations.
- Have strong communication & interpersonal skills. Exhibit grace under pressure. Be comfortable operating in changing & challenging situations. Be an accelerator of the business by providing responsive, solutions-oriented Legal support!
- Dont be afraid to think outside the box & come up with new ideas to build a better Pure. Be innovative & cutting edge. Just dont be sharp around the edges.
- Be a good teammate. At Pure, we are a collection of folks who achieve extraordinary things by working together. We value each others opinions, we work collaboratively & we push for the right result for the company, our customers & our employees.
Due to the current pandemic & travel restrictions in place, we are unable to extend offers to candidates without necessary work permit or travel permission to Singapore. As such, we will prioritize candidates who can start here at the expected start date without the need to travel / work visa application.
We continue to monitor & review our process should the restrictions be lifted.
BE YOU - CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.