Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, or SMB anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that empower millions of developers, sysadmins, & other internet professionals.
Design master. Magnificent mediator. Highly skilled multitasker. A great design manager brings it all to the party.
What does a DigitalOcean Design Manager do? To start, they use their design expertise & guidance to make sure creative team members work together creatively like a well-oiled machine, consistently bringing genius deliverables to life on time for internal & external stakeholders. Leading a team of thinkers & doers, were looking for an experienced designer & manager of people, someone that can inspire others & take our brand to a new level as we grow. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design & a drive to execute & iterate on dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
As a Design Manager reporting to the Director of Digital Experience, you will work closely in a fast paced environment as a player/coach with a team of developers, designers, program managers, & other stakeholders to produce branded solutions across various DigitalOcean properties. You will lead the charge in upholding, scaling & championing our brand guidelines & design system.
This role will help us shape the DigitalOcean brand for the future, bringing life to our company goals for the brand in 2021 & beyond. If you can share a portfolio that demonstrates the skill & expertise needed to succeed at this job & youre excited about working with a beloved & growing brand, we want to hear from you.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Foster DigitalOceans culture & principles within the team while setting new standards in executional & operational excellence
- Design & deliver quality data driven user experiences that provide meaningful & measurable value to DigitalOcean users
- Lead design execution for business critical projects partnering & collaborating with the internal & external teams to bring campaigns & brand initiatives to life
- Coach team members to successfully navigate the brand design process with teams around the company
- Balance the strategic & operational needs of your team-from pitching ideas to negotiating trade-off decisions & coordinating resources
- Ensure team members are creating high quality work that delights our customers, helps our teams build more efficiently, & meets company objectives
- Cultivate positive relationships with executives & peers across the organization to ensure alignment & delivery of a holistic end-to-end user experience
- Promote informed decision-making using quantitative & qualitative testing to ensure users' needs are understood & met
- Collaborate with design leadership to evolve our process, tools & systems to ensure were creating great, consistent work
- Exercise strong communication & nurture a culture of contributing, feedback, & design excellence
- Participate in daily design reviews with the Design team to give & receive valuable critiques
- Rapidly prototype interactions & experiences
- Collaborate with designers & developers to manage, curate, & expand our design system
What Well Expect From You:
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web & mobile applications
- Experienced leader whos managed teams of designers in a fast-growing agile environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, & analytical skills
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, & prioritize work
- Helped develop tools & processes that support a strong design system at scale
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be doneand then doing it
- Ability to present & sell your ideas, create coalition, & build support
- Test-and-learn know-how to measure & refine designs based on user & market data
- Strong project management abilities
- Experience with design efforts in B2B/SaaS space a huge plus
- Experience using design tooling such as Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or similar design tools (Adobe After Effects experience is a plus)
- Excellent verbal & visual communication skills, with the ability to explain complicated concepts in a clear & concise way
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!