KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Construction HSEQ Regional Manager
Katerra is currently seeking a Construction Health, Safety, Environmental, & Quality (HSEQ) Regional Manager to join our team to support our growing business, ensure the safety & health of our employees, protect the environment, ensure the quality of our buildings & to support our mission.
The HSEQ Regional Manager is responsible for implementing construction HSEQ programs, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, standards, requirements, codes, & building daily relationships with the site teams.
The HSEQ Regional Manager is to lead the regional HSEQ resources to promote a proactive HSEQ culture by setting the example, providing coaching/mentoring, & helping our construction organization achieve HSEQ success.The HSEQ Regional Manager will report to the Construction Regional Head with a dotted line to the HSEQ Central organization.
The HSEQ Regional Manager will collaborate with the HSEQ Central organization to ensure alignment with overall HSEQ vision & consistency of documentation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the safety & well-being of all employees & visitors.
- Proactively manages risk by communicating potential risk & developing fit-for-purpose actions.
- Communicates HSEQ strategy with clarity, consistency, & impact to align resources & management.
- Communicates potential risk to upper management.
- Continuously improves Regional HSEQ framework.
- Ensures global strategy is understood & executed consistently across the Region.
- Coaches & mentors HSEQ regional team.
- Verifies & validates HSEQ regional program effectiveness, improves as needed.
- Implements audit process to measure successes & improvement opportunities.
- Ensure communications to Regional & Corporate HSEQ management & across the business as needed for HSEQ strategy, KPIs, & alerts.
- Validates & verifies corrective actions have properly addressed root causes & tracks information, including driving solution resolution of HSEQ activities & improvement opportunities.
- Evaluates program implementation to drive improvements that reduce injuries, environmental & quality issues & costs.
- Well informed on HSEQ regulatory requirements, translated to business leaders & leveraged for business decisions.
- Responsible to development & adherence to the regional HSEQ budget.
- May work with Risk & Insurance on regional incidents, trends, workers compensation follow-up, return to work, & fit for duty programs.
- Proactively fosters collaboration with Human Resources, Risk Management, Legal, Construction & other business functions.
- Spends majority of time construction sites to verify & validate HSEQ implementation across the region.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of HSEQ experience, ideally with a combination of Manufacturing & Construction.
- Supervisor experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, such as safety, environmental, industrial hygiene, fire protection, science, quality, engineering, construction, or management required.
- Masters Degree a plus.
- Professional HSEQ designation (e.g., CSP, ASQ, CEP, CIH, Master Black Belt, Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Quality Auditor) preferred.
- ICC Certified in one or more trades.
- ISO development & implementation preferred.
- Experience working with government regulators & a thorough knowledge of federal, state, & local government HSEQ codes & regulations.
- Experience developing & implementing HSEQ management systems & behavior-based programs.
- Ability to influence across all levels of the organization & to partner with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills including systematic root cause & risk analysis methodologies.
- Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization, follow-up, & closure skills.
- Strong leadership skills, including effective verbal & written communication.
- Strong problem-solving skills with experience in structured problem-solving methodologies such as 8D and/or Six Sigma.
- Familiarity with construction building code requirements (IBC).
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software programs.
- Strong verbal (facilitation & presentation) & written communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Leads by example.
- Attention to detail.
- Bias for action.
- Ability to self-solve.
- Comfort with both strategy & execution.
- Highly motivated, with aspirations for career growth.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Strong, values-driven leader.
- Initiative to execute on self-guided, special initiative projects.
- Flexibility to evolve with various challenges & directions as new assignments & initiatives unfold.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, dynamic work environment.
- Disciplined work ethic with great attitude & energy.
- Startup company experience a plus.
- Must be able to climb a ladder, stairs, & lift up to 50 lbs.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.