We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team. You will be a member of the Global Network Services team responsible for ensuring a highly-available global network to enable Pelotons growing global presence. This includes engineering, deploying, maintaining & supporting the global wired & wireless data network, voice systems, switches, routers, firewalls, site-to-site IPsec tunnels & client VPN. You will collaborate with our DevOps team on several projects & initiatives in addition to partnering with our Cyber Security team to implement, maintain & support security principles & best practices for our internal user community to align with the best-in-class security services.
- Deploy & support a complex global network environment
- Ensure network stability & performance through operational excellence & proactive maintenance
- Troubleshoot network problems; schedule upgrades; perform network analysis, root cause analysis & optimization
- Ensure uptime & monitoring of all corporate network infrastructure & circuits internationally
- Secure the network infrastructure by partnering with the Information Security team to establish & enforce policies; define & monitor access
- Manage network upgrades, expansions & new implementation projects
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps & new technologies for potential deployment across Pelotons entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, & offices globally.
- Collaborate on & document standard operating procedures
- Ensure that network documentation & diagrams are up to date.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance & training for Tier 1 IT support
- Provide 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Support
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNA, JNCIA, etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Aruba Wireless & Palo Alto Networks
- 6+ years of experience as a Network Engineer including
- 4+ years of supporting complex global network and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 2+ years of experience with network design or support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- 1+ years of experience with network design and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 1+ years of supporting SD-WAN solutions
- 1+ years of experience with supporting & administering DDI solutions
- 2+ year of experience with *nix systems & general use
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Motivated, curious self-starter who has the desire to learn
- Ability to solve technical problems with creative solutions
- Strong knowledge of network design & applications, including designing IP addressing hierarchy, complex routing & switching technologies.
- Understanding of network architecture, design of large scale networks
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter full stack (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
- Experience with multiple successful implementations (including the ability to configure, deploy, manage, & troubleshoot) of Cisco routers & switches, site-to-site IPsec tunnels, Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba Wireless & Meraki security appliances, switches & wireless.
- Knowledge of project life cycle management
- Knowledge of change management & MOPs
- Strong knowledge of packet capture & traffic analysis
- Virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of wireless design, technologies & wireless site survey tools
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, & scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, & disaster recovery.
- Strong knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, & security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Knowledge of networking technologies & protocols such as VTP, LACP, 802.1Q, RSTP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, RADIUS/TACACS+, 802.1x, SNMP, L3VPNs, L2VPNs & IPsec.
- Expertise in IP telephony/Hosted PBX & Call Center management are a plus.
- Expertise in Terraform is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.